For this writing challenge, children ages 9 to 12 can write a story of 300 to 500 words on the theme "Qatar in a time before you were born." It can be fact or fiction, but stories must be set in Qatar and should include some or all of these elements: imaginative ideas, memorable characters and an exciting plot.
We will select three stories to be shared on the Library’s social media channels!
Enter your story by sending it to email@example.com before 21 December 2020. Children with special needs may participate by including the phrase “special challenge” in the submission.
- We will accept the first 100 entries, and the priority is for the first 50 participants in each language who submit their work before the closing date.
- The child must write his/her name, age and hobbies along with the submission.
- The story can be fact or fiction, but it must be set in Qatar.
- The word count is between 300 and 500 words.
- The submitted story should be written in a Word document.
- who submit their work before the closing date.
- The competition is open to children ages 9 to 12.
- The writing pieces should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms for the Special Challenge:
Children with special needs can participate in this challenge under the following terms:
- There will be 30 total participants.
- Write the child's name, age and school stage, and add the phrase "special challenge" to the child’s information so it will be evaluated separately.
- Participants can draw the story’s events without being restricted by a word count so that the drawing is inspired by the child's imagination and commensurate with the visual prompt.
- The story must be drawn on unlined A4 paper and not exceed two pages.
- Send a clear scan of the child's work to email@example.com
- Entries must be submitted before the closing date of the challenge.
- Challenge starts on 10 December 2020.
- Submissions will be accepted starting on 15 December.
- The deadline is 21 December.
- Beginning 12 January, we will announce the top three writers on the Library's social media channels and feature their stories with their bios. For special needs challenge, the top 3 winners will be announced and their drawings will be also featured on social media.
The winners will be featured on Instagram @QNL_children.
Date: 10 – 21 December 2020
Language: Arabic and English
Target Audience: Children ages 9 – 12